The White Fox is my second book in the Dark Faerie trilogy (after The Black Tree). I’m well underway with this book, having visited the Isle of Bute recently, where much of the book will be based. I’m expecting the work to be finished this year.
About Zen: Mindfulness is also nearer to completion. I’ve been working on this weekly after each Mindfulness class that I run, jotting down information on my mindfulness course, with images and extra prose for this book.
Poems About Zen will be my next poetry book; several poems have been written. This will form a companion to ‘About Zen: Mindfulness’ – my self-help book based on Mindfulness.
The Elrohen Trilogy is still being worked on. A new version of ‘A Wizard’s Tears’ is being written, and will be released alongside ‘The Dark Shores’. Work also continues on the third in the trilogy ‘Snowfall’.
The Black Tree Graphic Novel – I’m thrilled that Alison McConnachie, illustrator behind Black Heart Art and my book ‘Moonwind’, will be working on my novel The Black Tree and helping produce it into a graphic novel. I’m working on distilling the book into a smaller set of images for her to work upon. Watch this space!
Having returned from holiday, I’ve taken stock of my writing, and work has now commenced with more verve on The White Fox, which is the second book in my Dark Faerie Trilogy (following The Black Tree). The book, a supernatural thriller based in Scotland, will start in Falkland in Fife and then move to the Isle of Bute. I’m excited to bring this story to you, as it will add more layers to the original story and set everything up for the third book in the trilogy.
As well as this, I’m now at a stage to write About Zen – which will be a self-help book on my learnings on Mindfulness. This is doubly-exciting for me as it is a complete change from what I’ve written before, and will hopefully become an accessible book for everyone into the realm of mindfulness and just how positive it is to have in one’s life.
Expect more news in the new year on all my projects.
Ahh…at last, some love for my old website!
I hope you enjoy the new layout.
I plan to post more poems, book excerpts and mindful practices on here soon, as well as more events and general up to date blogs on what is going on in my life journey.
Thank you for taking the time to come to my site.
Mindfulness Practices blog coming soon…
Spring is about to blossom here in Scotland, and the sense of awakening is all around me, no less for my writing.
We start with the imminent release, in paperback, of Moonwind, my ‘best of’ poetry collection. It’s already available to download as an e-book via Amazon.
From there, work is fully underway on continuation of The Elrohen Trilogy, which started with A Wizard’s Tears and will expand with The Dark Shores and then Snowfall. To co-incide with the release of The Dark Shores will be an updated version of A Wizard’s Tears with new cover artwork and additional storylines in the book to give it a fuller, more polished feel. This will be its 3rd edition (and last), but I felt it worth bringing more up to date to fit in with my current style of writing.
Additionally to this, preliminary work on The White Fox begins to take form. This is the sequel to The Black Tree and will once again feature the dark faeries from the original book, and follow Matt and Anouska’s lives going forward from the events of the first instalment.
I look forward to catching up with you all at various events this year, beginning with the Falkland Craft Market in Fife.
My best of poetry book now has a cover! I’m delighted to have such an amazing piece of art for my book, courtesy of Black Heart Art Scotland
The book will shortly be released as an e-book, but subsequently paperbacks, and will showcase favourite poems from my previous poetry books, as well as include several new works.
Cover for Moonwind best of poems
Just a bit of news regarding my projects and their current status:
- A Wizard’s Tears (Volume 1 in the Elrohen Trilogy) – is being re-written following on from the book’s 2nd edition, to give it an update and also a new cover, which will link in to it being the first in a trilogy;
- The Dark Shores (Volume 2 in the Elrohen Trilogy) – is getting closer to a release, having finalised the 2nd draft of the book
- Snowfall (Volume 3 in the Elrohen Trilogy) – work has begun on the novel
- The World Beneath The Dark (Volume 1 in the Teal Trilogy) – work has begun on the novel. This will be the first of a new trilogy, on a completely different world, with new characters.
- Little Constellations – work has begun on ideas for the short stories in this book, which will have otherworldly elements. The first story will be about a weeping village…
- Moonwind: Best of Poems – Work is almost complete on my best of compilation, which covers my favourite poems from my earlier poetry books: Soul Shadows, Alchemy of Love, I Am You, Spirit, A Gathering of Wings and also will showcase some new work. The cover is also well underway by the talented Black Heart Art Scotland
- Poems About Zen - Work has begun on this new poetry book
It’s been a while since I posted any news. I will aim to do better.
2015 has been a year of change, and my writing is now beginning to reflect these changes. You can read all about it in my blog, but as this is the news section, here are the snippets you’ll be interested in:
1. Work continues on my fantasy Elrohen trilogy, with ‘A Wizard’s Tears’ being rewritten with some expanded chapters in it (this is volume one of the trilogy);
‘The Dark Shores’ is complete (volume two of the trilogy) and is now awaiting publication
‘Snowfall’ (volume three of the trilogy) is now underway and I’ve written the beginning chapters of this.
2. New poetry books are imminent – a compilation of previous books to showcase my favourites, and a new book with a working title Poems about Zen
3. I’m beginning to flesh out the short stories for my new short story book Little Constellations
4. Preliminary work has begun on the Audio CD for my poetry book A Gathering of Wings
2016 is already shaping up nicely, then!
Soul Shadows is now available as an e-book.
My first poetry book, released in 2000, was written during a period of depression in my life. As such, it is an open window into my thoughts and feelings at the time. Many of the poems still have resonance today, and I am pleased to finally release the book in this way.
Please visit the page here on Amazon.
A Gathering Of Wings
A Gathering Of Wings, the epic poetry journey on the future of humanity, is expanding!
An initial concept for an audio CD is being worked on, which will incorporate the story of the book with ambient/musical soundscapes. I am excited to be going into the world of audio to bring some of my written work even more to life.
In addition to this, I am basing new poetry/writing workshops using this book as a basis for ongoing discussions. The events section will post these workshops once finalised.